Discover Catholic Schools! — November 19 -Tour Anytime – Special Programs 4:30-6
A private Catholic school associated with the Archdiocese of Louisville, KY, St. Dominic welcomes children of all faiths, races, and national backgrounds from preschool through the eighth grade. Founded in 1929, St. Dominic School remains a vital mission of St. Dominic Parish and a proudly supported member of the Springfield and Washington County community.
To ask any questions you may have, to arrange a tour of our facilities, or to begin a conversation about enrolling your child at St. Dominic, you can contact the school principal, Pam Breunig at email@example.com or call 859-336-7165.
The mission of Catholic schools is to assure that Catholic truths and values are fully integrated into the daily life and academic program of the student, and all students will participate fully in the Religion program of the school.
Priority of Admission:
- Children of active parishioners:
- children from parish families already enrolled at St. Dominic School
- oldest child just reaching school age
- children of new parishioners transferring from another Catholic school or from an area where a Catholic school was not available, but who participated fully in the religious education programs offered
- Children from non-parish families with students already enrolled.
- Other Catholic children if the designated parish authority judges the intent and motivation to be in accord with the purpose of Catholic education.
- Non-Catholic children may be admitted if, on the basis of personal interview, the designated parish authority judges the intent and motivation to be in accord with the purposes of Catholic education.
In the resolution of individual applications, the Pastor (or designated authority) and Principal are authorized and urged to make exceptions to the normal priority status in these cases:
- for the sake of furthering racial integration of the school
- when strict adherence to the guidelines is judged inadequate or unjust
Registration of new students is held in the Spring, with the date and time published in the local newspaper and parish bulletin. Parents wishing to enroll a new student or transfer a student to St. Dominic School must register in advance of the entry date. Children must accompany their parents at registration.
All new students must provide St. Dominic School with the following:
- Records from previous school attended, including IEP or 504 Plan (if applicable)
- Social security number
- Physical exam (not more than one year old)
- Eye exam (not more than one year old)
- Up-to-date immunization certificate
- Birth certificate (copy)
- Baptismal certificate (copy)
Requirements for Admission
- A child must be five (5) years of age on or before October 1 of the current year in order to enter kindergarten and six (6) years of age on or before October 1 of the current year in order to enter the first grade.
- Children enrolling in the first grade must have attended a certified kindergarten or comparable preparatory program in order to enter.
Effective with the 2017-18 school year, children shall be five (5) years of age by August 1 of the current school year to enter Kindergarten.
Effective with the 2017-18 school year, children shall be six (6) years of age by August 1 of the current school and must have attended a certified kindergarten or comparable preparatory program to enter first grade.
Parents are required to inform St. Dominic of their child’s specific academic, emotional, or physical needs. St. Dominic also must be informed of any testing for or diagnosis of learning disabilities. Copies of testing reports are needed in order to be considered for admission. St. Dominic School has the right to decide if its program will best meet an individual child’s special learning needs.